tamago's emergency exit

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How important is family upbringing?

Went to TGI Friday with L last night for dinner. Haven't seen her for nearly three months now. So happy to catch up with her again, and we updated each other on our recent lives. Nothing much happened in my life except that I am taking some time off from work. But L has some amazing stories to share!

We have similar family upbringing and so I fully understand her "conflict" with her mum and dad right now. Strict parents, old-fashioned mum, it's definitely frustrating at times. We know the reason they worry about us a lot is because they love us dearly and don't want us in pain of any type or get upset and stuff, but do we live to please our parents or live our own lives?

When we are faced with career choices, boyfriend/girlfriend issues, even on how to invest my own money, we can't do it the way we want. We have to consider if they are ok with it too! And I don't like this.

With my mum, she has no bloodly idea how much she has affected me. We are both very harsh on ourselves. We are pessimistic. We worry too much. We never feel we are doing good enough. I have tried working with mum to change the way we see things. But she is stubborn, extremely stubborn. She worries about money, us, dad, everything! It's f*#kingly hard.

I want to shake this belief off me! I want to be happy, with a smile on my face all the time! I want to be positive. I want to be carefree.

But luckily I am trying my best everyday, and I know it's started to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home